Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sundays

Well my Sundays are about to change!
I have been working Sundays since last November when I started my current job as a transit bus driver, but during my next crew (8 weeks of work) I will have Fridays and Sundays off.
This should be better for spending quality family time. There was a trade off for getting such great days off, I work evenings from 5:30pm until about 2 am! So I get sundays with the family and not really any other days. Oh well in 8 weeks it'll be something new.

I'll say I've been down lately and have no good reason. My wife Julia has been ill, but otherwise I have been doing well. I have become an official full-time Transit Operator and will now have benefits and vacation time. I had been a temporary operator, as is the process to get to full-time. I will have spent a year basically on probation. So work is going well.

No comments: