Thursday, September 11, 2008

Putting it on Wax. It's the new style!

'4 and 3 and 2 and 1. When I'm on the mic the sucka's mine!' - Beastie Boys

Well I'm not putting it on wax, but like an idiot I cleaned my ear with a cotton swab today and now my ear is blocked and I can't hear a damn thing.

Funny thing is that I have these ear drops that will clean the wax out of my ears, but I didn't use them until I made this problem for myself. Now I will spend the next couple of days putting these drops in my ear.

I think that at some point in human evolution we actually stored small items in our ears, or perhaps they were used to keep fingers warm. That would explain why children stick small things in their ears, why we clean with cotton swabs despite knowing that it's a bad idea, why old men always pick at their ears for wax.

Well that is where I'm at. It's a pretty miserable thing to deal with, but hardly the end of the world.

I have agreed to work overtime tomorrow, which is my day off. I got offered what I consider a nice easy bus route to drive for the day, so I took it!

Will I regret taking on extra work, or will the dollars make it all worth while?

No comments: