Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Coffee, Cookers & Cars. Oh My!

So I tried to kick coffee today, but failed miserably. So I'm adjusting to simply not buying coffee at a store. So I had my own homebrewed coffee only today, and amazingly only one cup!

I also moved a stove around the house. Our gas stove has been malfunctioning and we had a fairly new electric stove in the garage. So we switched them around today. I had thought that the gas stove was going in the garbage, but apparently it's going to be repaired again. So no space gained.

Finally my car had began gushing oil yesterday and so I had to take it to get fixed. I went to Canadian Tire. Feels like a huge mistake, they charged me $100 to look at it and $200 more to repair a gasket on my oil filter housing. I feel very gouged by them and I'm not loving my old 1991 Volkswagon Passat right now.

We've been thinking about getting a newer family car for awhile now, but I'm always worried about adding another regular bill and how I'll feel about paying a car and repairs at the same time.

I like my money and want to keep it all. I have short arms and deep pockets!

No comments: