Sunday, March 1, 2009

First game, first loss

So I played my first game in the Hoopdome men's C league today. Unfortunately we lost by 6 to a much bigger team. I had 8 points in the loss. I had hoped to score 10-12, but being that I haven't really played in any leagues for over a year and that I put on about 20 pounds since then I feel pretty good with my effort.

Apparently the team we lost to was one of the champs from last year. I am on a team of guys who all signed up individually, so we don't even know each other. I figure that as we get used to playing together we will get more easy baskets. I figure that I missed about three shots I should have made, so I should be able to score about 14 a game if I get into better shape.

Outside of that I saw all the old crew from Hoopdome, which goes down as the favourite job I've ever had. My old boss, Ted, was there. My young buddy Eylon is back from playing pro in Israel, which I thought was pretty cool A lot of the other guys that work there I know from when they used to just play there, now they are employees.

Anyhow it's fun to go back down to the Hoopdome each week. Hopefully next week will be a win for my team!

No comments: