Friday, March 20, 2009

New Car Frustration

So I took my kids to see Disney on Ice last night in Toronto at the Rogers Centre. After the show when I came to get my new car, a Suzuki Grand Vitara, but it had a flat tire. It was really cold but I got the tire changed. My flat tire had a crack on the sidewall. My Suzuki dealer now says that the tire is not covered under any warrantee and I must have hit a pot-hole or something. This has been a frustrating day. I've had the car for two weeks and now I'm replacing the tire. So much for having a new car so that I don't have to worry about repairs. No peace of mind from this car so far Both headlights have needed replaced, belts have needed tightening and now this tire. I hope this tire is an isolated incident and my luck improves with this car.

As for the dealership. Well they have been rude to both and especially my wife since we bought the car. We went there obviously upset about having to pay for repairs on our new vehicle and instead of just dealing with the fact that we were upset they basically insulted us and attempted to make us feel petty. They were so terrible with their softskills that they really insulted my wife and now we are gonna take our service business to another dealership. All around let down with warrantees, especially for tires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The attitude of the dealership was one thing that I was very cautious about when I started my car shopping. I knew that because I was a single woman who knew absolutely nothing about cars that there was a risk that I could be taken advantage of. I really lucked out when I picked the dealership that I ultimately bought my car from. Everyone has been so helpful and they've been very patient with me while I learn all of the new sounds and personality traits of my car. I'm already planning on buying my next car from them! hahaha